The PGNP provider is a thin layer between Microsoft ADO and PostgreSQL database. It implements most of the OLEDB interfaces and uses libpq to access a PostgreSQL database. The provider can be used from 32-bit and 64-bit applications both native and .NET.
Main features are:
- Database conversion with DTS Wizard (MSSQL 2000) or SSIS Wizard (MSSQL 2005/2008/2012).
- Support for SSRS, SSAS and SSIS.
- SQL Server Linked Servers and Replication support.
- Error reporting and execution tracing.
- Transactions support: standard OLEDB, and "nested" PostgreSQL transaction using savepoints.
- Distributed transactions (two phase commit protocol).
- Schema support for tables, views, provider types, columns, primary/foreign keys, indexes, etc.
|FEATURE||PGNP 1.2.8||PGNP 1.3.0||PGNP 1.4.0*|
|PostgreSQL Support||8.0||8.x, 9.x||8.x-10.x|
|OLE DB Connection Pooling||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|OLE DB Error Reporting||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|OLE DB Command Prepare and Cancel||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|OLE DB Columns Information||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Database Transformation in SQL Server DTSWizard||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Local Transaction Support||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Distributed Transactions and Two Phase Commit Protocol (DTC enlistment)||No||Yes**||Yes**|
|SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008 Linked Servers Support||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008 to PostgreSQL Replication Support||Yes||Yes||Yes|
March 31, 2018 Ver 126.96.36.19916Installer: Added checkbox that enables launching PGNPUpdate utility after the installation completion.
Fixed bugs in handling INSERT INTO OPENQUERY, UPDATE FROM OPENQUERY, and DELETE FROM OPENQUERY for linked servers.
Upgraded openssl to version 1.0.2n, and made SSL=prefer mode default.
Enabled support for LATERAL keyword.
Fixed bug in SSL verify-ca/verify-full handling.
Fixed bug in handling Korean symbols during FastLoad.
Fixed bug: provider should not send NOTIFY when handling schema altering statement and EVENTS=NONE.
Fixed bug in handling TRIM function parameters.
Fixed bug in handling CTEs resulting in error "Undefined column".
The new major version of the PGNP OLEDB Provider for PostgreSQL, Greenplum and Redshift has several new features and improvements:
- Optimizations for very large data sets (1 billion rows and more).
- Deferred updates support (IRowsetUpdate).
- Better support for Greenplum 4.x (awareness about distribution policy, better use of cursors, gpload utilization for bulk operations, etc.)
- Better support for PostgreSQL 9.x.
- New utility for Automated updates (not included in the trial build).
- Better integration with SSIS (MS BI tools).
VM - Shopping cart